2014 Google Apps for Education, Southern Summit, "Harnessing Google Drive's Power to Enhance Writing Instruction"
In January of 2014, I had the honor of presenting at the Google for Education Southern Summit. You can access my presentation resources here. If you have any questions about how you can use Google Apps to enhance your own writing instruction, please let me know.
I am happy to offer presentations / trainings in the following areas:
- Harnessing Google Drive's Power to Enhance Writing Instruction (see above)
- Disrupting the Dominant Narrative: Faulkner Texts as Invitations to Discover the World and Ourselves
- Igniting Pens and Passion: The Art of Teaching Creative Writing
- Teaching Shakespeare in Context: Engaging Students With High-Interest Primary Documents
- Fostering Life-Changing Learning Communities: Creating Classroom Environments Where Empathy and Acceptance Reign
- Other topics by request. My areas of interest and study include creative writing instruction; the use of technology in the classroom; teaching Faulkner, Shakespeare, and other "difficult" writers; building classroom communities; teaching empathy; the positive power of appropriate student-teacher relationships; and the challenge of being present, as an educator and a human.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact me.